Saturday, December 31, 2005

2005 - The Year That Was

Started the year with the Penang 12-hour walk. Then KL International Marathon 2005. Followed by an insect infested Nilai 3 Half Marathon. Really enjoyed the Kuantan Beach Run, near my hometown. Supported Charity Wheel Chair Push To The Peak, Genting Highlands by Dr. William Tan, a wheel chair ultra marathoner. Ran many 10km and fun events – Asthma Jogathon, Guardian – NASAM Charity Walkathon, Firefighter Run. Klang run and Power Run among them. Went to Singapore to join the World Harmony Run. My first run in the famous MacRitchie Reservoir. Did Ipoh ½ Marathon & Seremban ½. Conquered Putra Jaya ½ Marathon despite a freak fall at the first kilometer. Silly me continued to finish the race but was out of action for about two months due to the badly sprained ankle. The fall in Putrajaya ½ Marathon almost robbed me a medal from the Genting Highland 24 Hours Walk which was held a week after Putrajaya ½. Went ahead for the 24-hour walk with some help from some painkiller. I managed to complete over 50km to entitle for a medal. Earlier, my colleagues and I was featured in a local daily in an article highlighting the 24 hours walk. I was misquoted but the picture spread was awesome. Got my one-day fame. My insurance agent even tried to fix me up with eligible women by circulating the article. (Blush!) I won my first lucky draw in Malay Mail Big Walk – a digital camera. (Hurray!) Bounced back from my ankle injury by doing not one but two runs in Bangkok, Thailand - the Standard Chartered 11km and Terry Fox Run. Then, went down South for Swissotel Singapore (tallest hotel in SEA) Vertical Marathon, followed by Singapore Marathon ( ½ Marathon event). Met Olympic gold medallist Henry Wanyoike in Singapore. Capped the year with a mad mad dash in Mizuno Wave Run. Phew! What a year! 2005 is no doubt the most memorable year in my running life.

No comments: