Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Aizat, Ladylike, Chin, Tank, Claire 郭靜, FAMA 農夫 @ Red Box IOI Launch

The period of 21 Aug - 22 Sept is consider dry season when it comes to road races. Organisers and runners take a break from running events due to the fasting month and Eid festivity. So, like it or not, I will concentrate to blog about other stuff like some tall Scandinavian women or something like that. Heheh!

I still have tonnes of photos to blog about like Soler appearances in Sg Wang and Sense Cafe unplugged session, Lenka Showcase and Juice Party @ Euphoria.

Today, I bring you the Red Box IOI Karaoke Launch (14 Aug 2009)

The launch boasted 5 international acts and one Malaysian. (Hidup Malaysia!)

Who was the one Malaysian act? It was Aizat. A talented boy with a guitar. And this boy CAN sing!

I am not that familiar with the songs he presented but I was disappointed because Aizat didn't sing anything from the soundtrack of Talentime. Could have been nice if he could pay tribute to Yasmin Ahmad or something. Anyway, it was fine performance.

After Aizat, came the Swedish import - Ladylike.

Honestly speaking, the main reason I went for the launch was because of these girls. I wanted to see how good they are. Have been hearing a lot of media hype about this vocal group from Sweden, you know the country that brought us "quality" pop like ABBA, Ace of Base and Roxette. :)

The four girls were handpicked from hundreds of hopefuls in the Scandanavian region(Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland dan Iceland) for KRU Studio, the people who brought you tonnes of local hits!

So, what's the verdict? Check out this video first....

CLICK PLAY!

I think the group should change their name from Ladylike to "Like Lady". They looked like a bunch of tranvestites with heavy make-up. :O

Scary spider eyelashes? Yikes!

A friend remarked that Mariah Carey with a beard looks sexier than any of the girls. LOL!

The only saving grace - they have nice shoes. LOL!

Their singing? Ouch! So out of tune. They covered and ruined the song "Teman Tapi Mesra" by Indonesian duo, Ratu. It's one of my favourite Indonesian songs.

The English lyrics are so lame....It has lost the playfulness of the original - about a girl who allows a guy to get close to her but maintains a platonic relationship because she already has a boyfriend.

What about the dancing? I don't even wanna go there..LOL!

That's my observation. Maybe I am in the wrong target fan group! But coming from KRU Studio, I don't like what I have heard and see so far.

Let's move on....

Chinawut Indracusin or affectionately known as Chin from Thailand took over from Ladylike. First, he crooned and made the ladies swoon. Then, he took off his jacket and invades the stage with a fast number.

The song is aptly titled Too Fast, Too Serious. Joining him on stage were two very enthusiastic female background dancers!

Check out Chin's performance here.

This is Tank. His performance was as boring as a tank full of dead fish. Heheh! Sorry. I just couldn't get this guy. He came on stage and he sang with his eyes closed. Zero interaction with the crowd and only sang facing the front, ignoring fans at the sides of the stage. Ugh....!

Cute? Yes. Sweet? Yes. Can sing? OK lah! Meet Claire Guo 郭靜 from Taiwan.

Closing the launch was funny duo - FAMA 農夫 from HK. Their music - hiphop/ rap. Not my type of music but they were good.

Thank god, it was a FREE show or else I would have demanded my half money back! :)

Check out more photos here.

http://picasaweb.google.com/rwmphotovault/RedBoxIOILaunch#

No comments: