Saturday, April 17, 2004

Me, Biggie and My Backpack

Saturday morning. Woke up without Amelia's wake up call. She didn't join us at Batu Caves this time and had gone to Malacca to run some errands. (One of it is registering for Malacca International Marathon which I have asked to sign me for the 21km event). This time I did 4 laps only as Woo wanna leave early. He dropped me at the Kepong train station. Took the train the Sentral then the monorail to Bukit Bintang. Was a bit early for the Biggie registration. They were just setting up the stage and tents when I arrived, so I decided to have breakfast at Coffee Bean, KLP. Mocha Latte and Blueberry cheese cake. Yummy. Went up to Tower Records. Nothing new there. Left KLP at 11:30am to Bukit Bintang Fiesta Walk. Crowd is growing. Managed to wrestle my way to be third in line. It was sizzling hot and humid. Overheard some veterens grumbling about the entry forms. This year we have to buy a copy of the Malay Mail to get the form. It was free the previous years. Approached by some reporters because I was looking absolutely irresistable in my last year's Biggie T-shirt. Mundane interview questions like name, age, occupation, since when I have started to walk in Biggie (5 years now) etc. Another ploy to make me buy another copy of Malay Mail tomorrow. Collected the goodie bag - 3 cans of drinks Milo, Ginger Ale and Livita. A far cry from last year which was filled with many samples and vouchers. Went to Midvalley to buy my backpack from TearProof. Sale is on! Got one under RM200. All ready for Kinabalu and beyond!