Friday, May 21, 2004

10 Things I Learnt from my First Bowling Experience.

Had my first bowling experience last Wednesday among the national players and Famemas group at Sunway Pyramid. I found out bowling can be a very fun game but it can be nerve wrecking at the same time, especially when I watched helplessly the ball rolled into the gutter one after another. I had two strikes (yey!) and numerous longkang (gutter) balls. My points add up to 160 for two games and won a special prize for being the technically challenged team of the night. Here are 10 Things I learnt from my first Bowling experience. 1) They will take one of your shoes as hostage before they give you your bowling pair. 2) Selecting the right ball can be mind-boggling. You have ball number 6 to 16 to choose from. 3) Three level of finger insertion - full, semi and finger-tips. Always go for full unless you are a pro. 4) If your fingers are oily, a little baby powder will smoothen things out. 5) Angle of entry is important to ensure you knock all the pins. 6) Always aim at the pocket. What the heck is pocket? Area between 1-2 pins for leftie and 1-3 for right-hander. 7) X is a symbol for strike. You do nothing wrong here. The more X’s, the better it is. 8) Bedpost is a 7-10 spilt. Not a very good split. 9) Blowout is downing all the pins but one. 10) Bowling is like Boomerang. Your ball will always comeback to you. : )

No comments: