Monday, May 30, 2005

Raze The Roof!

Blaze of Glory...(Sing like Bon Jovi) Posted by Hello Larian Bersama Bomba 2005 was held in conjunction of National Firefighters’ Day. Date: 29 May 2005. Time; 7:30am. Venue: Merdeka Square. Amy gave me a wake-up call at 5:30am even though she was not going for the run. She had to wake up early to prepare 300 pieces of Nyonya Chang (chinese dumplings) for a charity sale. Gotta salute this woman! I arrived at Merdeka Square about 6:40am. The sky was still dark. Saw a bunch of firefighter cadets marched pass me in their white Ts and blue track bottoms. They were far from the fat firemen I saw that day. They seemed very fit physically and healthy to handle those fire hoses and stuff. Walked towards the “cage” at the start point. There were three firemen trucks parked in front of the Sultan Abdul Samad Building. As I was taking pictures at the start point, I saw our national runner, Yuan Yu Fang walked straight into my focus. (Photo on the top right). We were released from the “cage” at 7:30 am sharp by Dato Ong Kar Ting. He was elevated up by a firemen truck. Little that I know I would be riding high on that same firemen truck. I took my own sweet time to finish the race. No rush. Just enjoying my early Sunday run. I passed by the usual places and saw some familiar faces along this 10K route. The familiarity was comforting.

No comments: