Sunday, March 11, 2007

This is the first time I have ever run underground. I was kinda looking forward for this, as the SMART tunnel is the longest in South East Asia and second in Asia.

I remember my experience crawling in the Cuchi tunnel during my trip to Vietnam. It was a hellhole, wide enough for one person to crawl through. Cuchi tunnel was build by the Vietnamese against the American during the war. It was horrible. I am glad that with modern technology, we could build big tunnel like SMART tunnel. So, I am not going to complain how hot or how stuffy the air can be in the tunnel.

Running inside the tunnel was quite boring actually. Nothing much to look at but big jumbo fans at the two entrances, florescent lights and posters proudly announcing that the SMART tunnel is the solution for KL traffic and flash flood woes. Thank God I brought my MP3 Walkman, loaded with podrunner mixes.

No comments: