Mr. Ong is the CEO of Multi-Purpose Insurance Berhad. He is 64 years old and will be lacing up again for the MPIB 12K Run this coming Sunday at Padang Merbok. Last year he finished in 1 Hour 20 min 43.6 seconds in the same run. We talked to him about his passion in running.
1) How long have you been running? 26 years
2) Do you still remember your first run? Tell us briefly what you remember. I started running in 1986, joining the small Sunday runs organized by the Rotary Club in Penang – and of course in Penang, the highlight will be the food after!
3) Why do you run? To detox and de-stress
4) How was 2012 to you in terms of running? Not much running in 2012 due to work commitment and travelling
5) Where do you run? How often? How far? Around Ara Damansara area and I will try to do 8 km at least during the weekends and public holidays when I am not travelling
6) What are the must have items that you carry/ have during your run ? Pedometer to check speed & distance and watch to check heart rate
7) What are the memorable (funny, proud) moments in your running experience? It was no doubt the first full marathon that I have completed – it was Penang’s first MAS Marathon that started in the late 1980s. I did it under 5 hours – it was very satisfying! And you know, I didn’t even use proper running shoes back then.
8) What is your 2013 running/ fitness goal? No particular goal but generally, to be able to run as much as possible as age is catching up
Mr. Ong is one of the few CEOs in Malaysia who is still running strong! Can you guess his finishing rank for Total 12km Category Run in the upcoming MPIB Run 2013? Closest entry will win a pair of New Balance shoes.
Enter the Facebook Page contest here: http://on.fb.me/SHnXt7.
UFIRST Warrior Challenge 2016 - Date: 27 Mar 2016 Venue: District 21, IOI City Mall Putrajaya Time: 8am Cash prize: Top 10 winners Contact: 03 6733 8888 Closing date: 5 Mar 2016 Details h...
9 hours ago