You Know You're a Runner When... (Hari Raya Edition)
1. You have finished a LSD before you go the mosque for Hari Raya prayer.
2. You offer your guests a choice of isotonic drinks.
3. Your baju raya has to be made of dri-fit material.
4. Your kasut raya has the latest cushioning technology.
5. You name you raya delicacies after running related stuff like Almond London Marathon, kek waffle Nike, ketupat palas adidas, rendang Puma, kuih bom Boston etc.
6. Your treadmill has more miles on it than your car for balik kampung.
7. You keep your duit raya in you SPI belt.
8. When visiting, you keep your moisture-wicking socks on after taking off your shoes to hide the black toe nails.
9. You show off you medal collection to your guests like they show off their new jewelries to you.
10. You will ask for forgiveness from all the runners who you had “sayured” before.
11. One of the first things your relatives ask you when they haven't seen you in a while is, "What race are you training for now?"
12. You can’t wait to run off the calories you piled on at the Raya open house buffet.
Feel free to email us your own contribution for “You Know You're a Runner When... “ we will add them on the list.
SELAMAT HARI RAYA AIDIL FITRI! MAAF ZAHIR BATIN.
Contribution from readers:
"Instead of going to open houses, you go overseas for a marathon on the 4th day of Raya. (That was what I did hahaha)" - Zull Hilmi
Spring Festival Luncheon - PSZQM Zhineng Qigong 2017 annual spring festival luncheon gathering at Dynasty Dragon Seafood Restaurant, Summit USJ on Sunday, 15 January 2017. The event ...
1 day ago