KUALA LUMPUR, 31st March 2015 – MERCY Malaysia launches its 2nd MERCY Malaysia International Humanitarian Run today with the purpose of raising awareness of the ever-increasing criticality of circumstances around the world. Race day is scheduled on 1st August 2015 at Padang Merbok Kuala Lumpur with three categories; 3, 7 and 10km at a participation fee of only RM80 per person.
MERCY Malaysia wishes to bring the Malaysian public together, not only to raise funds but to be a part of the team that supports our humanitarian aid projects and also support the cause of healthy living among Malaysians today.
“The incredible success of the first International Humanitarian Run in 2014 has us eager for the My MERCY Run 2015. The primary goal of this event is not only to raise awareness on the humanitarian needs, both locally and internationally, but also to give every good-hearted Malaysian the opportunity to help MERCY Malaysia in its efforts to aid those in need”, said the President of MERCY Malaysia, Dato’ Dr Ahmad Faizal Mohd Perdaus.
GO International Group is working alongside MERCY Malaysia once again to make this event a success. The details of the event are as follows:
• The event is open to the public and will begin on the Saturday, 1st August at 7.00am at Padang Merbok, Kuala Lumpur.Details on Race Pack collection:
• There will be a choice of a 3km, 7km and 10km route.
• Participation Fee
• Individual participation fee (will be channelled to our humanitarian fund) : RM80
• Children under the age of 13 may register only for the 3km run and must be accompanied by an adult.
• For the 7 and 10km categories, children must be 13 years old as of 1st August 2015 to participate
• Group participation fee: RM400 for 6 persons (Sign up a group of 6 and pay only for 5 persons).
• Virtual runners are also welcomed! Sign up online and contribute any amount
• Date: 25th July to 31st JulyIn an effort to help raise awareness on the event, a weekly exercise event called “Fun Fit Friday”will be held for all registered runners as well as MERCY Malaysia staff, free of charge at the KLCC Park, Kuala Lumpur starting from the 5th of June at 6pm every Friday. The event will be conducted by Nikki Yeo, Head of Sports Marketing at Go International Group.
• Time: 10am to 5pm on the weekdays and 10am to 6pm on the weekend
• Location: MERCY Malaysia Headquarters, 4, Jalan Langgak Golf, Kuala Lumpur
• Race Packs will comprise of one exclusive event T-Shirt, a Race Bib, and a Lucky Draw entry.
“In light of the recent devastating floods, it is crucial that the Malaysian people are always prepared for disasters, and one way to prepare ourselves is through physical and mental fitness. It is common knowledge that regular exercise leads to a healthy mind and body which builds an individual’s resilience towards unexpected times of crisis. We want to encourage these practices among Malaysians to ensure their preparedness in disasters and also toward a lifelong program of good health through mind and body fitness”, said Nikki Yeo, ACE-certified fitness trainer and Head of Sports Marketing at GO International Group.
On race day, participants can enjoy the following activities:
• Group warm-up exerciseAll participants are encouraged to participate in the #myMERCYrun ‘WE-fie’ photo competition for a chance to run away with sponsored prizes for the most creative poses!
• Light breakfast
• Presentation of Finisher Medals & Goodie Bags
• On-stage Entertainment
• MERCY Malaysia Exhibition Booth
• Lucky draw
Together with GO International, MERCY Malaysia hopes to bring the Malaysian public together in an effort to raise awareness to these emergencies locally and internationally. “At the 2014 My MERCY Run, there were participants from all walks of life that came together for the good of humanity and the unity was undeniably an inspiration to witness. This year, with the devastation that our country has faced from the floods, we want to bring that feeling back, that feeling of hope, and resilience that is undoubtedly in the hearts of the Malaysian people”, said YM Puan Raja Riza Shazmin Badrul Shah.
MERCY Malaysia hopes that more corporates and local talents would support this event by coming forward to sponsor booths and volunteer their talents for the event. Interested parties can contact our Donation Drive team: Ms Lili Hassan, Fundraising and Sponsorships, MERCY Malaysia (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) or Jasmine Low, Managing Director, Go International Group Sdn Bhd (email: email@example.com).
YM Puan Raja Riza and Pn Megawati Md. Rashidi from MERCY Malaysia set the pace by signing up today. They were accompanied by six participants from Miss MalaysiaIndian Global pageant who signed up for the Group of 6 package, whilst San Diego, USA-based running specialist and author Dr. Jason Karp signed up for the Virtual Runner package!
Individuals who wish to make a donation are also welcomed to do so. A tax exemption receipt will be issued for all cash donations. Individuals who are interested to participate in the run can do so by logging on to MERCY Malaysia’s webpage at http://www.mercy.org.my.
It costs RM80 to register, where the participation fee will be channeled towards the MERCY Malaysia general humanitarian fund.
Runners are also encouraged to help spread the word about the run via MERCY Malaysia’s Twitter handle @MERCYMalaysia with the hashtag #myMERCYrun.