Friday, January 01, 2021

Wishing Everyone a Happy & Safe New Year 2021!


Here’s a quick retrospective summary of my 2020. 

I only managed to do 5 road races before the pandemic strike!
  1. Melawati Run 2020 (7K)
  2. Jom Run 2nd Anniversary Run (5K)
  3. Twin City Marathon 2020 (12K)
  4. Selangor Marathon 2020 (5K)
  5. Jejak Warisan Pintasan Saloma (4K)
And few virtual runs. 
  1. Coway Virtual Run 40K (Accumulative)
  2. Herbalife Virtual Run 204.5km (Accumulative)
  3. Standard Chartered KL Marathon 21km 

The running events stopped; the running continues… 

Running Streak 

1 Jan 2020 – 17 March 2020 (PRSD 77)
1 Sept 2020 – Till now (RSD 123)

I started by running streak (3km a day) on 1 Jan 2020. However, my streak was hit by the Covid-19 pandemic like just about everything in the world. 

MCO was declared and effective 17 March, we went into a lockdown mode at home. Since, I don’t have a treadmill or the will to circle my tiny living room, I have diverted my energy and passion to something else I love – MAKAN! 

After 49 days of no running I started running again on 6 May 2020 when the MCO is relaxed and we were allowed to go outdoor. Slower than a tortoise with arthritis but I’m back! LOL! I ran whenever I could. However, the running mojo had temporarily left the building. 

Restarted on 1 September and continue to trudge on despite the country was placed under CMCO again on 14 October. Thank God, running is still allowed. 

I have learned three major things during my run streak. 
  1. Getting out from the house is more difficult than the actual run itself. 
  2. Best to do the run in the morning because I don't know what kind of sh*t that will ruin my day later. And sh*t does happen. 
  3. No matter how bad I feel before a run, I will definitely feel better after the run.
The streak continues…

My Cooking Journey

I started experimenting with Gardenia bread, one of the most sought-after items during the MCO. Since I have no running stuff to post on IG, I posted many ways to enjoy the white bread with different toppings and preparation methods. 

Upgraded myself from the white bread to more complex recipes. Devoured cooking contents on Youtube like how Cookie Monster devours cookies. 

Looking back, I am amazed myself how I went from zero to winning cooking contests within less than a year and took home prizes like spices, cooking utensils and an XXL Smart airfryer! Also started a new blog to document my recipes – maxmasakmakan.blogspot.com

Travel Locally

No oversea trips. No run-cations. But I managed to visit Pulau Pangkor, Sekinchan, Johor Bahru, Muar, Kuala Terengganu, Alor Setar, Kuala Kedah and Kuala Perlis with some dear friends. Thank you! 

Acknowledgements:

Thank you to Guardian, Under Armour, Reebok, Nike, Adidas, VV EHouse, BiiB, The Marathon Shop, Sports Direct, Brooks, Jack & Jill, Tourism Malaysia, Menara Kuala Lumpur, Pavilion, Avenue K, Aman Central, KLCC, Astro, Media Prima, Istana Budaya, Nespresso, Joe PR International, GSC , TGV, Sunway Lagoon, Lost World of Tambun, Ikea, Bonia, H&M, Uniqlo, Milo, Subway, and more. 

In loving memory: 

Lost a dear friend to drunk driver on 30 May 2020. Khairul Anuar, may you rest in peace. 

Hello 2021

Taking it one step at a time, just like running a marathon. Prepare for the worst and pray for the best. Appreciate little things that bring joy to life. 

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2021!

No comments: