Monday, August 29, 2005

Wiggle Wiggle Posted by Picasa Third Stage - Physical & Amazing Challenge. We had to do a physical and amazing stunt each. The challenges were fixed a few days before during the briefing session. We were asked to pick our challenge numbers without knowing what we were supposed to do and no changes were allowed after signing up. God Help Us! Physical Challenge: 1) Dunk In - I was given three chances to dunk the marshal into the water. I missed the first shot. I hit the bull’s eye on the second try but it was not strong enough to tip the lever. So embarrassing! I got to hit the gym to work on the biceps…Third try was the worst. Zero mark for me (Insert whimper here). 2) Inflatable Rock Climbing - BW did this with utmost flair and got us our first 5 points in the Stage 3. 3) Obstacle Challenge - Mabeal did some nasty dunking to score us another 5 points. Amazing Challenge: 1) Dare Challenge - Named challenger must pick up 5 coins from a “snake pit”, which looked like a fish bowl with a few snakes thrown in. Mabeal opted out from this dare. She had this problem with snakes since she fainted upon seeing a cobra brought into the vet clinic she was working a few years ago. Oh well...the team decided to let the 5 points go. 2) Gross Factor – I was the “lucky one” to do this challenge. I was quite apprehensive at first. Who wouldn’t? Having to pick up five nuts with my mouth in a plate of wiggling worms in 15 seconds does not fall in the comfortable things to do. I decided to give it a try anyway since this would be the closest thing I would ever been to Fear Factor. When the marshal said go, I immediately buried my face into the plate of worms, nudging them away with my lips to reveal the nuts underneath. I couldn’t close my eyes for I need to see where the nuts were. I was expecting a foul smell, but it there was none. Hurriedly, I picked up the nut one by one using my teeth, occasionally nudging away the wiggling worms with my mouth. I might have decapitated a few worms in the process. Salty lil’ bastards they were. How did I do? 17 seconds. 2 seconds too late and that sent me down the walkway of shame in no time at all. (Insert a cry here!) Anyway, I am quite proud of myself having to complete the task even though I was two second too late. At least I can say that I have tried my best. This ranked second place in the "dirty things that I have put in my mouth" category. What is the dirtiest thing I have put in my mouth? Hmm...It is a secret hahah! (insert wink here). 3) Gutsy Challenge – The challenger must clear up the shell of an hardboiled egg and eat it completely in 15 seconds. Sounds easy? It is not easy as it sounds. Try that at home. BW almost choked to death shoving the yolk down his throat. I could see his eyes almost popped out from the sockets. We didn't make it to the top 20's but I guess we were a few points shy from the top 20 based on our own calculation after the answers were revealed. MJMC hunt was challenging, fun and a great learning experience. The organiser announced that they would bring back this hunt next year. I guess we would be better prepared next year, worms and all.

No comments: