Monday, April 25, 2005

Walk With Goodies

Sunrise! Sunrise! (Sing like Norah Jones) Posted by Hello The Guardian Charity Walkathon 2005 was organized by Guardian Pharmacy, one of the largest pharmacy chains in Malaysia in the benefit of NASAM – National Stroke Association of Malaysia. The venue: Car Park A, Bukit Jalil Stadium. Start time: 8:45 am. I didn’t know what to expect from this walkathon when I signed up for it. Amy helped me to buy the RM10 voucher from Guardian Pharmacy. It turned up to be quite a fun activity for a lazy Sunday morning. Thanks to Amy’s eagerness who wanted to be first in line for the T-Shirt and registration, we arrived at Bukit Jalil Car Park at 6:30am. The organizers were still setting up. The t-shirts have not even arrived yet and Amy already started to stand in the queue. Yup! A great example of kiasu-ness (afraid to lose mentality) at its best. So, what did I do to pass 2 hours of free time before the starting? Too early for warm up! Too late to go back to bed! Yawn! Was still sleepy. Anyway, I managed to read an entire copy of Sunday Star, cover to cover while listening to my iPod. In between those activities, I was distracted by the glorious “ham tan” or egg yolk in the sky. The sun was rising and it was beautiful. If not for Amy’s kiasu-ness, I would not have caught the nice sunrise over at Bukit Jalil Stadium.

No comments: