Sunday, April 03, 2005

Walking without a Clue

Treasure Hunters Posted by Hello I participated in The SUN Walk Hunt at Sunway Pyramid yesterday. I was a fun and nail-biting experience. I teamed up with BW. Amy teamed up with her daughter Gracie in the family catergory. Fenny and Kris were in a team. This was my second time attempting a mall hunt. The first time was donkey's years ago at The Mall. My brain has got a little rusty. I went to to Pyramid a little early to watch Be Cool with BW. The movie was trying too hard to be cool. Laughters came from The Rock (with hair! shock!) who plays a Samoan gay bodyguard and Vince Vaughn - a white record company manager who tries to be black. Would I buy it on DVD for my cool collection? I don't think so. We cluelessly registered ourselves at the counter at about 2:30pm. After a short briefing session from the Hunt Marshall, we cluelessly walked the three levels of Sunway Pyramid for the answers. The questions were freaking hard for newbies like us. We combed through the LL1 level twice without getting any answers. Hopelessly, we we dashed to the ground floor where our luck got a little bit better. Managed to solve some puzzles. We were given 1 hour and 15 mins to return to the station with the answer sheet and 2 "treasures". At 1:10pm, most of our answer sheets were still blank. I think we only managed to solve half of the questions and we were not sure the answers were correct. Sigh! Anyway, we quickly dashed to Giant Supermarket to purchase one of the "treasure" - a Maggi Hot Cup instant noodles. We were clueless about what the other treasure was. We submitted our answer sheets and prayed that we at least would not be the lousiest team. We chilled out at Coffee Bean while waiting for the results. My feet were tired. It felt like I had walk miles and miles. My head was spinning too, from too much thinking. Hahah! At approximately 5:45pm the results were announced after the ice-cream eating competition. We were all in the top 10 in our respective category! I am really clueless on how we even got there. The other teams must have been even more clueless than us. Each top 3 winning team was given a hamper and the rest - an Alam Flora plastic watch and an Alam Flora yellow sling bag. I gave the watch to BW and took the bag. Now I am cluelessly a proud owner of a bright yellow bag from Alam Flora - our friendly neighbourhood garbage disposal company. (Insert applause here!)

No comments: