Running clinics have been done to death by other race organisers. So, to offer something different and useful, the people behind the Bank Simpanan Nasional Putrajaya Night Marathon conducted a forum on well...running. The Klang Valley edition was conducted this morning at Sunway Pyramid. They roped in a few experts to talk about stuff that would be of interest to runners.
Sports Medicine Specialist - Dr. Aparajitha Krishnan
Sports Nutritionist (Hydration & Diet) Ms. Chai Wen Jin from Institut Sukan Negara.
Podiatrist (Foot Doctor)- Dr. Stella Chai
Marathon Coach - Mr. Sidamparam
There are plenty of interesting points that we have learned from the experts today. But it's kinda lengthy to share it here or otherwise you will end up like the baby in the below pic. Heheh!
Kudos to BSN and Twenty First Century Sports for organizing such forum. The next forum will be held in Kuantan next week.
Date : 07.07.2012
Venue : MS Garden Hotel Kuantan
Time : 10am - 12.30pm
For those interested, please email to email@example.com with the following details: Name, Mobile no, Email and How many years you have been running. The forum is Free of Charge!
What? BSN Putrajaya Night Marathon
When? 20 Oct 2012; 8pm
Where? Precinct 3, Putrajaya
How far? 42, 21, 10 & 5km
How to register? Online Registration will be available in about 5 day's time at http://www.bsnpnm.com
They need to fix some bugs before fully operational! Be patient ya!
We have spoken to the BSNPNM race director, Mr Nithi and we have these juicy bits to share.
- Official vest will be by BROOKS.
- Entertainment will be enhanced along the route. We heard some intergalactic icon will be making an appearance. *Insert The Imperial March OST here*
- The finisher's medal design will be something "out of the box". You will either love it or hate it. Hmmm...
- There might be special fanzone for non-runners to cheer for their family members or friends at designated areas.
- Registration will be limited to 10,000 runners only and it is targeted to be filled up in 6 week's time or less! So, if you plan to run this, do register fast to avoid disappointment.
Are you game to push the boundaries and break the limits?