Petaling Jaya (16 April, 2014): PUMA Malaysia Running Club introduces new amazing activities after a successful trial period with more structured trainings as well as a revamped membership and privilege programme for it members.
The Puma Running Club will be conducting a three-month training programme specifically catered to help beginners to complete their first 10km run. It will also provide a comprehensive training platform for experienced runners to improve their timings by the end of the programme cycle.
All running sessions will be held at Desa ParkCity every Wednesday in the following sequence:
• First week session: 7km run with 3x800 metres of hill repeatsLed by Pacemakers Malaysia, members can now look forward to achieving their goals as the programme comprises of a mix of progressive runs, running specific workouts, conditioning, track trainings, core training and long runs. Additionally, PUMA has attained partnerships with Gorgeous Fitness, PushMore Fitness Centre and Permanis, providing various training regimes to improve the performance of runners in the club.
• Second week session: 8km Easy Run with Core Training
• Third week session: 6km run with 5x800m intervals (3 minutes rest)
• Fourth week session: 8km run with 6km Tempo
Nonetheless, membership and training sessions remain complimentary. However, in taking the Running Club further, PUMA Malaysia will be introducing a two-tier membership and privilege scheme for the Running Club. They are broken down into PUMA Running Club Gold Runners and PUMA Running Club Silver Runners.
PUMA Running Club Gold Runners with PUMA running shoes will qualify as Gold members and enjoy the following privileges:
• 20 percent storewide discount every Wednesdays from 7pm -10pm at all PUMA outlets in MalaysiaRunners without PUMA running shoes are welcomed to join the running club and participate in the training sessions. They will enrol as Silver Runners, enjoying the following benefits:
• Second session – Free PUMA Running Club singlet
• Fourth session - Free One month validity pass at Gorgeous Fitness
• Fifth session - Free PUMA running shorts
• Eighth session - Free three-month validity pass at Gorgeous Fitness
• 10th session - PUMA Royalty Card
• 20 percent discount on all Powerbar products
• 20 percent storewide discount every Wednesdays from 7pm -10pm at all PUMA outlets in MalaysiaOn top of the privileges, a point system will be introduced to award members of the PUMA Running Club to keep track of their progress through the PUMATRAC running application via social media postings. The point system allocations are as follows:
• Second session - Free PUMA Running Club singlet
• Fourth session – Seven-day validity pass at Gorgeous Fitness
• Eighth session – One-month validity pass at Gorgeous Fitness
• Three points awarded for every PUMA Running Club session attendedThe running application is made available for iPhone and Android users and can be downloaded at:
• Two points awarded for using the PUMATRAC running application to track and share run on social media
• One point awarded for every social media post
For iPhone: https://itunes.apple.com/app/pumatrac/id698298978
For Andriod: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pumapumatrac
Top five members with the most accumulated points at the end of each training cycle will receive exclusive prizes from PUMA Malaysia. They will receive limited edition PUMA FAAS 300 running shoes.
Registration for the PUMA Running Club is now open for membership and interested runners may apply by sending in an email to email@example.com. Runners are advised to register as soon as possible, as there are only 30 slots available.