Monday, July 11, 2005

Land of Water Rationing, Siew Pau and Flies

Welcome To Seremban Posted by Picasa I arrived at Seremban on Saturday morning by train. Reached the Seremban KTM station at about 12:00pm. The sun was bright. A warm welcome to the land of Adat Pepatih. I walked towards the Seremban Town Hall after asking for the direction from an old guy from the taxi station. Found only a few people at the counter to collect the racing kit. T-shirt collection was smooth. There were many designs of the T-shirt/ vest. I initially, I picked up an EXCEL isotonic drink sleeveless T. However, I hate to be a walking advertisement. I went back to the lady who distributed the racing kit and asked for a change. She obliged and gave me a SHM vest. The vest was nice. No sponsor logo emblazoned the vest. Just a SHM tiny logo at the back and pictures of two runners in front. Very nice, indeed. What were in the goodies bag? Four decks of playing cards, a packet of TOP washing detergent (for those smelly sweat soaked running attire) and a small sachet of Shokubutsu shower foam for the sweaty body bodies). My uncle had offered me to stay with him, my aunt and cousins. They drove all the way from Kuantan. That saved me from walking all over Seremban town to look for a motel. They were staying at Angsana Inn, about 5 mins walk to the Padang. While waiting for them to arrive, I ate lunch at Pizza Hut – my very own carbo-loading with the meatballs spaghetti.

No comments: