After much anticipation, the Samsung Gear S2 has finally hit shelves across the world and has already garnered a great deal of attention, thanks to its innovative rotating bezel, convenient connectivity features and stylish appearance.
We have just gotten our own unit today, the sport version. It came in a paper round box. Once you lift the watch holder lid up, you can basically see everything else that come in the box – an adapter, a wireless charging dock, additional large strap, warranty and start-up guide.
Featuring a minimal and modern design, the Sport version is perfect for those with active lifestyles, re: for runners. Heheh!
The watch feels light on the wrist. We have yet to check out the slew of features that come with the watch. Watch this space for our review.
We would like to share few simple tutorials on how to connect and customize its latest smartwatch, and help new owners understand its innovative features to get the most out of their brand new wearables – from pairing the Gear S2 with smartphones and receiving messages instantly, to changing watch faces, replacing wrist straps and matching the #OOTDs.
How to Set Up
Now that you’ve got your hands on the Gear S2, you first need to pair it with your smartphone to take advantage of all its fun and useful features.
1. Download the Samsung Gear app from the Galaxy Apps store if you’re using a Samsung device or from Google Play if you’re using a non-Samsung Android phone.
2. Access the Samsung Gear app on your mobile device.
3. Tap Connect to Gear.
4. Select Gear S2 from the Select your Gear.
5. Confirm your passkey on the Bluetooth pairing request alert by tapping OK.
6. Agree to all terms and conditions by ticking the boxes and tap Done.
7. In the Manage notifications menu, choose the notifications that you want to appear on the Gear S2.
How to Get in Touch
Your Gear S2 is set up and ready to go. Easy, right? You can now receive, access and send messages quickly and conveniently, right from your wrist.
1. From the home screen on your Gear S2, turn the bezel one notch to the left to access notifications.
2. Tap the number of notifications received.
3. Turn the bezel to the right to browse received messages.
4. Tap a message to read it in its entirety, and turn the bezel to scroll.
5. To send a quick reply, tap Reply.
To send a pre-set message, turn the bezel to browse and tap to select your preferred message.
To reply with a voice note, tap the microphone icon, record your voice note and send.
To send an emoji, tap the smile icon and turn the bezel to browse emojis. Tap to select and send.
To reply with a text message, tap the keyboard icon, type your message and tap the send icon.
How to Customize
Whether you want your Gear S2 to match your #OOTD every day, or you prefer to stick with the same ol’ look for weeks, the watch face of the Gear S2 can be customized as often or as little as you’d like, straight from the device.
How to Get a New Look
Available in Malaysia from 27th November onwards, the recommended retail price of the Samsung Gear S2 is RM1,399 while the Gear S2 classic is available for RM1,599. The Gear S2 will be offered in Dark Gray and Silver while the Gear S2 classic is offered in Black. The smartwatch also comes with additional changeable straps.
Find out more about Samsung Gear S2 HERE.
KL City Day run - Date : 26.02.2017 Venue : Padang Merbok, Kuala lumpur. Time : 7.30 am Distance : 12 km Slowmoverz/Runnerz : Chan Cat ...
12 hours ago