Saturday, January 30, 2010

My Dream in the Year of the Tiger

This post is an official entry for the Nuffnang The Tiger Run competition.

Every runner has a dream marathon that he wants do before he dies retires from running.

Since Tiger Beer/ Nuffnang brought up the issue, I would like to officially announce that My Dream In The Year Of The Tiger is to run a Disney World Marathon Weekend!

OK! OK! The marathon will be in 6-9 Jan 2011, about a year from now. But, technically it is still in the Tiger Year. So, I might just catch the tiger by the tail!

FYI. Rabbit will officially takes over from Tiger only on Chinese New Year, Feb 3 in 2011. :)

So, what so great about this Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend? In final race of the weekend, I will get to complete the most magical 42.195km on Earth. For the uninitiated, 42.195km is the distance of a full marathon.

The course takes me through all four Walt Disney World® Theme Parks starting at Epcot®, continuing on to the Magic Kingdom® Park, Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park and Disney's Hollywood Studios™ and then back to Epcot® for an exhilarating finish.

How cool is that?

I have been dreaming about Disneyland since I was a little kid. So, running a MARATHON in it would be a dream comes through!

This looks run, right?

Running the race with my favourite mice!

...and hi-five a Tigger! Hey! How auspicious is that in a Tiger Year? Feng Shui master, Lilian Too would approve of this! LOL!

Look at the Marathon finisher medal!

It's in the shape of Mickey Mouse! (Insert drool here!)

OMG! Look at the trophy!

Aw.....

OK. Better stop dreaming and start training now!

FYI, if I sign up for the Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge where I will run the Half Marathon on Saturday and then the Marathon on Sunday - there will be 3 medals waiting for me!

Mickey Mouse shaped for the Marathon (42km), Donald Duck for the half marathon (21km) and Goofy for completing both half marathon and marathon back to back!

So Tiger Beer, please make my dream in the Tiger Year come through and make me the Happiest Runner on the Happiest Place On Earth! (Insert roar here!)

1 comment:

lilianw said...

SO coool the medals!!! Drool...