Thursday, May 20, 2010

Running 10.10.10.

I received a very peculiar email from hooHaa.asia this evening.

The head honcho of http://www.hooha.asia and Twenty First Century Sports boldly asked us, runners to tell his team and him what kind of running events we want them to organize for us!

"Yes, You tell us what You want and we will go out there and make it happen for You," said The Orangeman.

OK, since you ask for it...(like the TV show). I would like to propose a run on 10 October this year!

What so special about this date?

It's 10.10.10, geddit?

I know that our astronaut Sheikh Muszaphar to wed on 10.10.10. Story HERE. But I guess I won't be in his invite list.

But if there is a run on 10.10.10, I am sure all the runners will want to be in the registration list! LOL!

Imagine....

Running 10KM, 10,000 runners. Start at 10.10am on 10.10.10. At Lot 10!

LOL!

How's that to celebrate 10.10.10? Mind you that you can only get this once in every 100 years! :)

Crazy enough that it might work?

Well, actually, I got this idea from a run which I did on 07.07.07 - The 7th Sutera Harbour Sunset Charity Run, at Parking Lot 77, Sutera Harbour, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah at 17:17 on 7 July 2007 (07.07.07). How long was the run? No prize for guessing - 7km and within qualifying time of 77 minutes. LOL!

Read about it here http://runwitme.blogspot.com/2007/07/run-7km-on-1717-070707.html

So, Mr Orangeman, What say you??? Could you give us a PERFECT 10 Run on...

3 comments:

theorangeman said...

Bro,

I like it!!!!hoohA!

A perfect 10 idea.

You the man! I will definitely put it to the table with my team members, especially with Nithi (The Man of Twenty First Centiury Sports) and see how we can make this happen. I will keep you posted.


Thanks for the idea, the suggestion and also for the time you have taken to share this with me.

By the way, I like your blog. Keep it up.

The Orangeman.

Anonymous said...

I AGREE 101% Bcoz my birthday falls on 10/10...

~ nezz ~

ksc:nick said...

this sound interesting.. i'm sure you will have fun. will be supporting you through moral :)