Wednesday, September 30, 2009

DAP Raya Open House 2009

I love Open House. :)

I think we should trademark it before our neighbouring countries steal it like they stole our food. Heheh! Just kidding!

I went to DAP Raya Open House at Dewan MPAJ, Kampung Cheras Baru last Sunday with my friend, Ben.

It was small compared to the PM open house (but of course!) but it was not less "meriah"

Greeting everyone at the entrance of the hall were a pair of rockets dressed in traditonal Malay costume. How cute! :)

Since the queue to the food was very VERY long, I spent most of my time there people watching and phototaking. :)

The arrival of Tan Sri Khalid Ibrahim - Selangor MB. He was presented with a silat demo.

More pictures. The politicians were more than willing to pose for the cameras. There was a bunch of paparazzi there. So I just joined in the fun. :)

See how many politicians can you identify/ name from the pic.

YB Lim Guan Eng gave a speech at the event. It was raining cats and dogs outside. I think lightning must have tripped with electric switch, causing a brief blackout right before YB Lim was about to speak!

There was thunder when he spoke, adding much drama to his fiery speech. Heheh!

I was also plesantly surprise when I saw a bunch of Malays handing in their membership forms to join DAP! Wow! Some Malays are starting to dissociate themselves from UMNO....:)

Video of DAP Open House.

Check out the highlights - arrival of YB Lim Guan Eng, CM of Penang and Tan Sri Abdul Khalid Ibrahim, Selangor's Menteri Besar.

Check out the rush for satay too....It was hottest item in the menu of the day. They were snapped up as soon as new batch arrived. The satay must be very good...Too bad I didn't get any to eat. They were gone before I could say "competent, accountable & transparent!" :)

ENJOY!

Lim Guan Eng's Fiery Speech

Not rain, Not Storm. Not even a blackout could stop this man!

He touched current issues from the rape of the Penans, Vision 2020 to corruption. I love the way he cleverly slipped "1Malaysia" into his speech! Thumbs up!

He capped his speech with a pantun, I could not make out what he was saying even though I watched the video a few time. Help anyone?

You can read more about the DAP Open House do here too.

http://teresakok.com/2009/09/29/cawangan-ahli-melayu-kedua-ditubuhkan-di-ampang-dalam-majlis-sambutan-aidilfitri-kebangsaan-dap/#more-4109

No comments: