Sunday, September 27, 2009

Tun Dr. Mahathir & Tun Dr. Siti Hasmah's Raya Open House 2009

I am really impressed! I think Dr. M is probably the first Malaysian politician figure who extended his Raya Open House invitation by FACEBOOK!

I have to salute Dr. M for being the pioneer! LOL! He is still keeping abreast with IT technology....Even my mom and dad are not that into the computer stuff like this! Heheh!

Julie, Carrie and I reached his residence in the posh housing area - The Mines, Seri Kembangan around 4:00pm last Saturday. The guests were still making beelines to wish "Selamat Hari Raya" to our former PM.

As a precaution for H1N1, every guest was required to sanitised their hands before meeting Dr. M and wife.

They looked like a cute old couple! Macam bersandang pulak!

Dr Mahathir was dressed in a lilac baju Melayu, and his wife, in a floral light blue baju kurung. They were all smiles and looking great!

Look at the amount of people who came for the food! :P

We were treated with satay, lemang, noodles, pasembor....Yum!

My plate...See how little I eat. :)

Biskut Raya....Delicious!

Ice cream no more. Too bad we didn't manage to get the free ice cream. :(

Before we left, we also took photo with Dr. M's daughter, Marina M. I can't post it here. Shy! ;)

Dr. M being interviewed by Trans Corp.

I think Trans Corp is an Indonesian TV channel. The interview was barely audible. So, I have no idea what was talked about. :(

After the interview, Dr. M returned to his home and Tun Dr. Siti Hasmah followed suit.

The open house was officially over!

Here are some clips I took at Dr. M's Raya Open House. What gracious hosts they were!

They sat there receiving guests the whole day long! I'm sure they were pretty tired after the whole day smiling and "salam" with all visitors. Heheh!

THANK YOU SO MUCH, DR. M & DR. SITI HASMAH!

Soundtrack - Selamat Berhari Raya by Dayang Nurfaizah & Jaclyn Victor.

No comments: