Thursday, September 24, 2009

PM's Raya Open House Part 2 - Salam Time

Salam 1Malaysia taking over Salam Aidil Fitri? :P

No trip to Seri Perdana on a Raya morning is complete until you shake the Prime Minister's hand to wish him "Selamat Hari Raya".

In that process you have to shake ALL of the jemaah menteris' hands....whether you like it or not! LOL!

The queue is usually long but I arrived early remember?

So, after filling up my stomach, I marched to the the PM's house. I was within the first 50 orang awam to be in line. These are the people arrived who earlier than me....

The door to the residence only opened at 11:00am. But when they said 11:00am, it actually meant 11:30am or later-lah.

Kesian aku tengok budak nih! Penat menunggu! Heheh!

While waiting I took some pictures of the kids around the area.

This one looked so cute with her head scarf! But she ripped it off her head afterwards much to the mother's dismay. Can't blame the little girl! The weather was really H.O.T!

The line was moving! Yay!

As a precaution for H1N1, we were all sprayed with handsanitisers at the entrance to the residence.

I got my hand squirted with the clear germkiller gel 3 times!!! If that's not an overkill, I don't know what is. LOL!

I joked that they should provide the hand sanitiser after and not before shaking the "dirty hands" of politicians! Nobody dared to laugh. Oops! Bad joke!

FYI, most hand sanitiser are alcohol based. Are they halal to use? Most sanitizers contain 60 percent to 90 percent alcohol (commonly ethyl or isopropyl alcohol) -- a stronger concentration than most hard liquors.

Even a small dose can be dangerous if ingested, leading to dizziness, slurred speech, headaches, and even brain damage or fatalities in extreme cases.

I dunno what the ulamaks have to say about this. I can't comment much on this since I am non Muslim.

I didn't take any pictures because the guard said no photo. So, I just hung my camera on my neck and let the video mode ran. See who you can spot me shaking hands with! Some of the heads were chopped off. LOL! :)

And all the germkiller hand sanitiser that they squired on my hands became useless when one Dr. Ng Yen Yen sneezed on me! She said something about my magnetic power. I have no idea what to say but, "Bless You and OK" :)

ENJOY!

We were presented with a goodie bag on our way out from the house.

What's in the Goodie Bag?

Dengan Ingatan Tulus Ikhlas dari Dato' Sri Najib & Datin Seri Rosmah...

1 X Dodol

2 X Kuih Bahulu

2 X Kuih Bangkit

I realised something very peculiar on my out. As I was heading back to the food area it struck me that the only people who I saw wearing the 1Malaysia T-Shirts were the foreign workers of the catering services.

How ironic! :)

The makan continued....with entertainment this time.

Coming next...the amazing photos and snippets of entertainment from the stage.

No comments: