Friday, December 18, 2009

The Showdown of Champions 2009 - The Glam Slam

I was pretty miffed at the fact that Anna Kournikova, the ambassador of The Showdown of Champion, KL (aka The Glam Slam), came and left Malaysia without a trace last October. No notice. No announcement. Everything so hush hush until I saw this pic in the paper.

What? She was at Pavilion and I missed it? Dang!

Thanks to HC Foo, the Malaysian top tennis blogger, I get to know about the meet the fan session for the actual players of the Showdown KL, not just an ambassador with a ball. Heheh!

So, I made my way to Pavilion this afternoon, hoping to catch a glimpse of some hot Russian tennis chicks and then some.

When I saw the four ladies walked to the stage, all I could think of was "Where is the Glam in THE GLAM SLAM?"

Zhang Jie of China obviously doesn't believe in make-up.

Well..at least Elena Dementieva and Maria Kirilenko got some lips colour on.

Sigh! No glam at Sania Mirza's department too.

The ladies dressed like as if they were going to pasar malam (night market). I am sure there are plenty of local designers who are more than willing to sponsor some nice clothes for the ladies. Make-up artistes? I'm sure there are abundant of talents out there.

Where is the BATIK, Tourism Malaysia? :P

Enough ranting about the lack of nice clothes and make-up. I wish the ladies all the best for their showdown.

Since there is no GLAM, we hope we can see more SLAMS at the showdown this weekend.

This guy want the Glam Slam ladies to sign his balls. ;)

Wow! He sure got alotta balls signed. Heheh!

Thank God there was still some eye candy in the form of Jay Menon (the emcee) at the meet the fan session. :)

Here's the video of autograph session at Pavilion.

ENJOY!

NOTE: The Glam Slam will take place at the Malawati Stadium, Shah Alam, on December 19 and 20, and will feature Elena Dementieva and Maria Kirilenko of Russia, China's Zheng Jie and Sania Mirza of India. More info HERE.

No comments: