The people behind SCORE 2013: James Tan & Patricia Tan, the CEOs of Mantra Interactive Sdn. Bhd.
The race got postponed but you still have to collect the race entry pack. And while you at it, do check out Sports, Competition, Outdoor, Recreation Expo (SCORE 2013) from today till 30th June at Putra World Trade Centre (PWTC). The event offers 100 booths showcasing new sports gears, exhilarating competitions and activities!
SCORE 2013 is the official venue for the Standard Chartered KL Marathon Race Entry Pack Collection. We went on the first day of race pack collection. The longest queue was at the 10km category. This is expected because majority of the runners will be running the 10km race.
Of course, we met a lot of familiar faces at the REPC like fellow blogger/ runner Missyblurkit. (left)
As the premier one-stop resource for all things sports, SCORE 2013 covers apart from Running, Football & Other Ball Sports, Racquet Sports, Water Sports, Martial Arts & Boxing, Paintball, Extreme Sports, Cycling & Mountain Biking, Hiking, Camping, Golfing, Indoor Games, Gadgets and Technology, Exercise and Gym Equipment, Health & Fitness, and Sports Nutrition & Medicine – all professionally presented through 100 booths.
According to Patricia Tan, the event is expected to welcome 60,000 local and international visitors throughout the exhibition period. The idea of SCORE was mooted two years ago and only materialized this year.
SCORE 2013 is dedicated to sports and fitness enthusiasts, adventure seekers or outdoor activity lovers. The event offers exciting activities from various disciplines through competitions, demonstrations, clinics and workshops. These include:
1) GT5 – visitors will be given a chance to drive and drift like a pro at this car simulator activity.
2) Plane simulators – no more dreaming - experience the exhilaration of flying in the plane simulators during the exhibition.
3) Archery for all - experience dynamic and challenging archery activities, where this head-to-head, knockout style competition would get ones adrenaline pumping.
4) Paintball shooting gallery by Legion– an activity that’s great where you can pound your way through the line of scrimmage the way you would.
5) Mini Viper Challenge – a challenge course filled with man-made obstacles such as the tyre, cargo net crawl, monkey bar and ice plunge that will challenge both the heart and spirit.
6) Mini Golf Putting – play the Malaysia 1st indoor miniature golf course which is perfect for any young or young-at-heart golf lovers.
7) Camping skills workshop – where nature lovers and adventurers can learn the professional camping tips and skills from Explorer Outfitters
8) Martial Arts Demonstrations
We have some favourite booths @ SCORE 2013.
Activate Sports Co who distribute LORNA JANE, an award-winning Australian activewear label for women. Thanks ladies for the lovely running pose. :)
Nashata Muslimah sports wear.
You can sign up for Viper Challenge here too... Find out more about Viper Challenge HERE.
New Balance, Suunto & The Marathon Shop.
Register your 2XU Compression Run at this booth!
You can also register for Sultan Mahmud International Bridge Run 2013 in Terengganu and get some exclusive gifts from this booth.
There are more than 100 brands such as Skins, Adidas eyewear, Nike running shoes, Breathe Apparel, Soleus, Columbia, Explorer Outfitters, Air Venture, GNC, Fitness First and many other vendors are participating in the expo, where visitors can view and feel the latest and advanced sports products & services.
Other than these, there will also be great discounts, lucky draws and contests for visitors throughout the expo period. Admission is free and the expo is open to public from 10.00am till 9.00pm at PWTC till 30th June.
Check out our photo album @ SCORE 2013 HERE.
Saucony Freedom ISO - The above is an excerpt from the Saucony blog post about the Freedom ISO. When early photos of the shoe appeared on the Internet last year, the first al...
1 day ago