Friday, January 09, 2004

Shopping (for) Marathon

My aim is to run a marathon this year. Why a marathon? I guess not everyone could just roll out of bed one day and decide to run a marathon. It takes commitment, hard work and passion to do that. It is not easy but it is not impossible. It is gonna be some sort like an achievement in life, I guess. I did have some reservations at first but holding on to my OWTFLDIA (Oh What The Fxxx, Let's Do It Anyway!) mantra, I have registered myself to run in the coming Kuala Lumpur International Marathon (29 Feb 2004).

So, what was the first thing I do after registering to the event? I went SHOPPING! Bought a few pairs of SAUCONY running shorts, REEBOK running vests, ADIDAS Climacool cap and not forgetting FILA shoes, bought two pairs of them. I love my FILA shoes…They are so comfy and shiny. My motto is – If you are not GOOD at running, at least you must LOOK GOOD running. Heheh.