Monday, June 28, 2004

Taman Gelora - Nature's Galore

Two weeks ago I had the chance of going to Kuantan for my cousin’s wedding. I joined my uncle for his training at Taman Gelora – a training ground and official "lepak" place for Kuantan Pacesetters. (My uncle is a Kuantan Pacesetter member. He is a hardcore runners who goes running anywhere in Malaysia with his Kuantan clique. When I run with him…I have to prepare to eat his dust…..)

Contrary to its name, Taman Gelora (Gelora literally mean rough in context of sea) is tranquil and great place to relax. It is a park with jogging track built by the seaside. Many placid lakes and ponds in the park add natural charms to this place. Abundant pine trees here provide much protection from the harsh sunlight to joggers. Great sea view, shady jogging path and gentle sea breeze. What more can a runner ask for?

No comments: