Wednesday, May 25, 2005

The Sea Posted by Hello Back to the topic of running. Beach running at Pantai Cenang, Langkawi is a bit tricky n the morning as the tide is high and the sand is loose. So, it is like running in a huge kitty litter. The situation is reversed during the evening, near sunset. Tide is low, revealing more compact sandy surface to pound your running shoes on. The view is excellent too. You might see some guys doing para-sailing too. I was determined to run on the last day in Langkawi. It rained in the morning (again!) but my guilt pushed me to the door. Been pigging out for the last 3 days. The lard side is kinda scary! I was greeted by a huge rainbow in the sky when I stepped out from the resort! Wow! What a lucky morning, I told myself. I started to run from Aseania towards Porto Malai. The road was still wet but the rain had stopped. The distance is about 2 km (one way). I had to overcome a steep hill before reaching Porto Malai. I was extra alert on the road as I saw many road kills (a meter long monitor lizard, a frog or a green reptile and a mouse). I spend about ½ hours exploring Porto Malai resort before running my way back to Aseania. It was a good workout and I enjoyed the scenic views.

No comments: