Monday, June 12, 2006

Hope Run & Walk 2006

When? 22 July 2006 (Saturday)

Time? 7:30 am

Where? Dataran Merdeka

How much? RM15 for 7km run

Being a goodies bag junkie that I am, I trotted my way to Great Eastern Mall last Saturday afternoon, in hope to get one. Yes! They will be giving away 1,300 goodie bags for the early birds registration. Based on my bib number, more than 600 people have already registered. So, I am still in luck. Heheh!

There were also paintings for sale at the ground floor of Great Eastern Mall, where the registration counter was situated. The paintings were beautiful but some of the price tag commanded my one whole year salary. So, I can only admire from far. The proceeds of the run and the painting sale will go to Yayasan Harapan Kanak-kanak Malaysia (Malaysian Kids Hope Foundation). It is for a good cause.

For those who like to play dressing-up, there will be a fancy dress category too. Run registration can be done at Great Eastern Shopping Mall, YHKK Office or FTAAA Office. For more info, please give a tinkle to 03-58808902.

No comments: