Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Performers from Sarawak and Korea Posted by Picasa

The first performance was a display of the famous Sarawak instrument – the Sape. I like the Sape music. Very soothing and unique.

The second act was from the land of Kim chi and sappy TV series – Chung Myung Art Troupe. The drums beat was impressive, so impressive that it brought down the rain. Being an open-air concert, we had to scurried to find shelter as the rain started to pour. Kuching and dogs, I must say.

Isn't it ironic? Don't you think? Raining in the Rainforest. Heheh! I ran out of the concert ground and took the next shuttle van back to the hotel. Getting pneumonia was not an option. So, I spent the night in the comfort of air-con watching Explore-race (a locally produced Amazing Race-que reality show). One of the contestants looked kinda familiar – might have seen her in some road races before. Initially, I was cheering for her team but later I felt like giving her and her male partner a good slap for being too whiny. Just complete the (beep!) tasks and move on-lah! No surprise that they lost by a mile.

No comments: