Monday, September 04, 2006

The Wild Start Posted by Picasa

The organizer promised, “Stream crossings, muddy slopes, swamp swimming, rugged terrain. It will be tough. It will be brutal. Are you up to it? The Genting Trailblazer 2006 set to be held on Sept 3 is guaranteed to be tougher, meaner and muddier!”

Hey yeah! The event lived up to the promises. My aim was to complete, regardless of timing. That was my first time participating in the Awana Genting Trailblazer. I did participated in the Awana tri-terrain run a few years back but it was nothing compared to AGTB. It was tougher, meaner and muddier – even my white underwear turned yellowish brown after the event. No, I didn’t shit in my pants but the mud stains seeped right through anything. Heheh!

The Wild category (read: for hard-core sadistic freaks)(14km) was set off at 8:30am and the Mild category, 15 minutes later. Yours truly was registered under the later category with my running buddy – YT.

No comments: