Monday, March 02, 2009

KL Tower International Forest Towerthon Challenge 2009

What? KL Tower International Forest Towerthon Challenge 2009

Where? Kuala Lumpur

When? March 1, 2009 (Sunday)

How many steps up? 2058

How tall is the tower? 421 meters

Look! It's the shadow of KL Tower casted on the ground by the morning sun. :)

KL Towerthon is one of my favourite events annually. It's challenging! It's tough! But it makes you feel like you're on top of the world once you completed it.

This year, I took a little extra effort to capture the race in video. In previous races, I stopped for photos only. This time, I had to run slower and stop longer for the video. I did't mind really. I wanted to enjoy every step I made. I didn't even wear a watch. My aim was to complete and with some awesome video documentation along the way and also enjoy the views from the top.

If you have noticed, my recent post are all "enhanced" with YouTube video clips. Just keeping up with the technology. Moreover, I really enjoy doing the video - cracking my head to find a suitable soundtrack and putting the whole thing together. (Insert creative juices here)

Here's the result. Watch out for the surprise ending. All I wanna say is never never underestimate the altitude...

BTW, the soundtrack is No Air (Tiesto Remix) by Jordin Sparks & Chris Brown.

The finisher medal! Yay!

The Goodies Bag

I would like to congratulate KL Tower for keeping this race alive. It was very well organised, compared to previous races. I definitely will be going for it again next year!

Read previous years' reports here:

Year 2008

Year 2006

1 comment:

Unknown said...

toooooo bad organization!!!!!!!!!!
no size to select, some more all is XXL???!??!? ask people how to wear it!??!?!??
Be an organization shd be get ready BEFORE THAT DAY FOR RUNNER TO COLLECT THE RACE PACK!!!! HOW COME TOLD PEOPLE SAID NO SIZE TO SELECT AND ASK PEOPLE TAKE XXL?????
SHIT!!!!!1