Monday, April 12, 2004

Caves and Charity Run

6:45am. Saturday. 10 April 2004. It was still dark when we climb up the stairs of Batu Caves. This time I was prepared for it. Did some light stretching and some warm-up before I start the climb. I glad that I did as my calves and thighs are feeling fine today. Last week, it took me 3 days to recover from sore legs. Did 9 laps compared to last's week 5. Lai outdid all of us by making a 10. Woo vomited after his 7 laps. I think he pushed himself too hard or maybe the he cannot stand the guano smell that polluted the air. I didn't notice the smell the week before but last week, it was eugh!!! Managed to coax an ex-colleague out of bed to buy us breakfast ? Segambut Seafood Noodle. What a treat. Succulent fresh prawn, seaweed, squid, fish, clams drowned in thick curry. Yummy! Stay home for the rest of my Saturday, watching the Sxx and the City DVD- The Complete Season 5. Wonderful! 8:00am. Sunday. 11 April 2004. Started to run Hong Leong Charity run. Took me 38mins to complete my run. I think it is definitely more than 5km as what they claimed. I don't quite enjoy the run, I supposed the lactic acid from the Batu Caves climb was still accumulated in my leg muscles. Had lunch in Oishi in Midvalley. Promo, buy three get one free. The buffet spread was not that impressive. Somehow the standards have plunged during promotion time. Hang out at Strudels, listening to Joan recent Japan trip stories. She brought some cute Pooh Sweet, Mickey Mouse Madeleine cakes and sweets she bought when she raided Tokyo Disneyland Gift Store. Wonderful!