Friday, August 27, 2004

Malaysia Idol - Classics

I love this show. I have been following MI show since the auditions and have never missed a single show.

It is natural for me to continue watching our very own Malaysian Idol after having followed Fantasia Barrino's winning trail in American Idol.

I was estatic when I received a few tickets from my colleague (Thank you Khim!) last Friday. The show was held at Sri Pentas 2, Plaza Alam Sentral. Marianne brought her honey, Khai, a sweet guy. We reached the Pentas about 8:45pm and the queue was already long. Some promo girls were giving away Clean and Clear Daily Pore Cleanser.

Saw Jien sitting on a sofa while walking into the auditorium. We were seating the furthest end from the stage.

Idol family members and friends were given the privillege to sit in front, near the stage.

Show started promptly at 9:45pm (It's a live show, so they have to start promptly). The theme this week was "classic".

There were 10 finalists - Jac (excellent rendition of When I Fall in Love), Zamil (Fatty, the aunties killer), Dina (cool favourite, with sassy "Jelingan Manja"), Saiful (cute face but horrible pitching), Fahmy (sweet but ordinary), Rydee (her "I Will Survive" made us got up and boogie...), Nikki (My favourite gal - great voice but not that popular..I actually SMS voted for her), Vic (pretentious brat!), Victor (the next one voted out) and Andrew (the stiffest and most boring singer I have ever encountered).

Really had fun that night. The atmosphere was great. Can't get that if I was watching at home. One down side in a live stage versus TV is we cannot watch the expression of the singers. Anyway, for MI, we can watch the repeat on TV3 on Sunday. Have to skip my yoga class again for this.

One of my colleague GeeKay managed to squeeze herself through the crowd and got hold of Paul Moss. She was smittened by Paul's charm (what's with chicks with white hairy apes?). She deliberately clinged herself to Paul's arm, squeezing his biceps while taking photo. I could imagine the fear in Paul eyes....Poor dude.

I found this comment while surfing for MI sites in the net. The descriptions fit. "Paul Moss sour Kiwi fruit.....Roslan pasar malam rambutan - sometime sweet, sometime over-ripe, sometime bad. And Gee....well she lychee you buy in tin.....too much sirap" (sic). Fruity, eh?

No comments: