Tuesday, March 08, 2005

KLIM 05 Part 3 - A Medal Within A Medal

More Pictures Posted by Hello At last, after 12 km of agonizing pain, I crossed the finish line and received my shiny golden medal. Yeah! I must say it is the most beautiful medal in my collection. A medal within a medal. The medal has a swiveling round piece within it. See picture. Painfully, I dragged my feet back to the hotel. I felt queasy, bloated and felt like vomiting. Drank too much water, I thought. My head was throbbing and my whole body felt like a burning up from inside. Checked my nipples in the shower…Still there. No pain; thanks to the well-lubed tips. Haha! Managed to catch a few winks before it was time to check out. Had to struggle a bit to get of the bed. Yoko Yoko helped. It was 2pm – time to say bye bye to hotel room. Returned to King’s café for lunch. The waiter recognized me. Had Tom Yam seafood noodle. Delicious. Spicy. My queasiness was gone, effectively diluted by the strongly sour and spicy Tom Yam soup. Felt wonderful again! Hurray! No more running for a week. Plan to take a rest this coming weekend before hitting the road again. Perhaps will hunt for cheap plane tickets at Matta Fair 2005. My next couple of runs will not be in KL. Will be playing tourist in Kuantan and Nilai (on 20 and 27 March respectively). If God is willing, I will add two more finisher medals to my humble collection. Yes! One down, two more to go this month. (Insert applause here).

No comments: