Monday, March 28, 2005

Was Nilai too much to “handle”?

Road To Nilai Posted by Hello I volunteered to collect the competition kits for Nilai run. Normally Amy handles everything but I wanted to help. Took the 9:30 Komuter train from Seri Jaya to Sentral and then switched to Seremban-bound train. Ticket – RM 5.60 one way. The ride was smooth. I always enjoy train rides. I like the idea of “going somewhere”. Read my April edition of Runner’s World while listening to Nirvana on my mp3 player. I reached the Nilai KTM Station approximately 1 hour 30 mins. Walked out from Nilai KTM station looking for a cab. Saw a taxi shack nearby. Was greeted by an old Indian cab driver. “Pergi mana?” (Where to?) “Nilai 3” “Lima belas” (15 Ringgit) “OK” I was led to an old beat up car with black PVC seats. My butt sizzled when I sat on it. I was very careful not to slam the door. It looked like it was going to drop off soon! Hahah! What a bone rattling experience! The weather was sizzling hot. The driver turned on the air-con and asked me to wind up my window. I looked around for the window handle but all I found was a hole where the handle used to be be. “Mana itu pusing-pusing punya?” (Where is the thing that turns?) With a deadpan expression, he reached to the compartment below the dashboard and handed me the handle. I tried not to laugh as I insert the handle into the hole, wound up the window and handed back the handle to the driver. The air-con was not working against the blistering heat outside. We made many wrong turns in Nilai 3 before we finally located the organizer office. The upside of this was that I had a good idea what Nilai 3 was all about from the shop that we passed. Definitely not a place for me to hangout. No CD/ DVD shops around! LOL! I asked the driver to wait for me while I collect the stuff from the office. Saw just a few runners there waiting for their numbers. I was out of the place in 10 minutes. Should have checked the competition kits thoroughly as I discovered later at home that I was given one lucky draw coupon short. Took some pictures of the grand prize for the lucky draw – a Kancil car, proudly displayed in front of the office. Prayed that I would win it. Back to Nilai KTM station in that old beat up cab. Stopped by Kajang for lunch before took the train back to Midvalley. Bought “Shark Tale” DVD at Power Station with 20% discount. Relaxed at home watching the DVD while waiting for the big day the next day.

No comments: