Thursday, April 28, 2005

La La La...

Lucky..lucky..lucky.. Posted by Hello I should be so lucky when I got the ticket to Kylie Showgirl yesterday evening. I rushed to KL Sentral after work. It is gonna be my first concert in Singapore. I had made plan to fly to Hong Kong when first heard that Kylie is bringing her Showgirl tour to HK on June 23. But when I got an sms from Ken yesterday saying that she will make a stop over in our fine neighbour, Singapore, I was ecstatic. June 17. Hey! It will be during the Great Singapore Sales too! Two birds, one stone! Double whammy! I am a fan of Kylie Minogue since she made her first appearance in the UK Chart with that infectious pop ditty – I Should Be So Lucky. I think it was in 1987 when she charmed the world with squeaky voice over Stock, Aiken and Waterman compositions. Her songs – super infectious. They stick to your brain like superglue. Her image then was sweet and innocent. A couple of albums later, she discovered sex. Kylie grew up and shed her clothes faster than you can say “silicon implant”. She stripped in her Better the Devil You Know video and cavorted with the hunky black model who covered Kylie’s nakedness with his own. Wah! Watch grandpa’s specs steam up. Few hits later she was almost forgotten when she tried to covert herself into jingly jangly alternative singer. But she bounced back to do what she does best – pop songs with her Light Years CD – in that trademark super skimpy gold hot pants which she spun and butt-slapped her way back to the no.1 with that disco floor-filler Spinning Around (co written by Paula “the useless Idol judge” Abdul). Then, came the ultimate pop song – Can’t Get You Out of My Head, a song that is impossible to get out of the head once it gets in. (Hmmm…that doesn’t sound quite right, does it?? ;) ). She scores with hit after hit in her Fever and Body Language CDs. I still remember Mariah Carey Charmbracelet Tour with no change of clothes in KL. She sang the whole night in her pink top (which can barely hold her bursting melons) and blue denim as her other clothes were too revealing for the Malaysian audience according to our moral guardian – the Malaysian government. Thank God Mariah has the pipe to hold the audience without slipping into something skimpy. But can Kylie do the same? Hmmmm……Kylie is well known for flashing her tushy than her singing skills. So, I should be so lucky to get tickets for her Singapore gig. I can’t imagine how she would water down her acts for the Malaysian government if she decide to stop over in our holier than thou country. When I checked at the Sistic counter at Sentral, the SGD 180 tickets were almost sold out. I would have grabbed them but the seats left are at the far ends, so I decided to downgrade to SGD 150 ticket. Prefer to sit at the center. After buying the concert tickets, I quickly dashed to the KTM counter to buy my return train ticket to Singapore. Now, I’m counting days for the Showgirl concert. At the mean time, when I go running, I listen to Kylie hit songs. When I commute, I listen to Kylie remixes. When I sleep, I dream of Kylie…..When I am awake, I daydream of Kylie….Omisgosh! I Can’t Get Kylie Out of My Head.(Insert La La La here)

No comments: