Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Running to Borders

Inside Borders Posted by Hello I was elated when I heard BORDERS would be opening a branch in Times Square, KL few months back. I have always been a fan of BORDERS, in Singapore that is. A trip to Singapore is not complete without a visit to Wheelock Place which houses BORDERS, Singapore. So, when I heard about the grand opening of BORDERS in KL yesterday, I made it a point to rush down to KL from Rawang (was there for work related business) after work. I was not disappointed when I reached the book shop! BORDERS, KL is huge. I think easily twice the size of the Singapore one. Two floors with a Starbuck cafe and a section of World of Feng Shui. The sport section was well stocked with books on running. I counted - 1 and a half bookshelf was filled with running books which I can only see in the net before. I grinned and salivated like a mad cow while thumbing through all the running books. Grabbed a stack of books on running that caught my eyes and plonked myself down at the chair to read. So many books, so little time. I finally decided on two books - Runner's Yoga Book and I Run Therefore I am - NUTS. I checked out the magazine section too - FREE BROWING! Yippee! No sterile shrinkwrapped magazines like the rest of the kedekut (stingy) bookshops like Kinokuniya. Found the latest copy of Runner's World (May 2005), selling at RM24.90. Expensive. Other bookshop sell it at RM20.90 only. I am still waiting for mine in the mail. Took a copy of TIME magazine featuring World's 100 Most Influential People. The CD/ DVD section were very disappointing. They have only the locally pressed stuff. No US imported version, unlike its Singaporean branch! So, therefore, I am looking forward to June when I will make a trip to Singapore. I dislike the locally produced stuff, even though slightly cheaper but the printing quality is usually shitty. Hence, I don't mind paying a little extra for imported goods. Apart from this, I think BORDERS is fab! On the way out, picked up - An Unofficial & Unauthorised Guide to Every Episode of Sex and The City - Jim Smith". This would be a complement to my VCD/ DVD collection of the whole series. I miss Carrie and the girls!

No comments: