Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Fantastic Movie Ads Posted by Hello After the run, I went to Sentosa Island. I was a bit disappointed as the cable car was down for maintenance. I went anyway as I have already bought the admission tickets from MATTA Fair last March. I don’t quite like Sentosa. To me it is just a big tourist trap. The beach seemed artificial. Mad queues everywhere. Overpriced goods. At the end of the day, I can’t wait to get out of there to go shopping at Orchard. I shopped like crazy at Gramophone for DVDs. I bought the complete set of Lord of The Rings Trilogy (Extended Version) box set, Constantine DVD 2 disc edition with Hell Blazer comic, some VCDs and CDs at 15% discount. Watched 4 movies in one weekend – Batman Begins, Mr & Mrs Smith, Monster in Law and Ghost Train. I love the movie advertising war in Singapore. Seen in above pictures are 4 Fantastic Four statues at the cross road in front of HMV. They had a huge Batman standee near Shaw and War of the Worlds near Citibank building. All of the above made this Singapore trip great despite the cancellation of Kylie Concert. I went through customs without a hassle. I was so afraid that they would tax me again on my DVDs. I can’t wait to return in December for the Standard Chartered International Marathon. (Insert big smile here).

No comments: