Thursday, November 24, 2005

Running with Music

Yoga keeps my body very flexible Posted by Picasa “Every little thing that you say or do, I’m hung up; I’m hung up on you.” Who could believe that this picture belongs to a 47 year-old mother of two? Madonna is looking absolutely fabuloso in the Halasana or the Plough Pose in yoga while holding a disco mirror ball with her well-heeled feet. (Hmmmm…looking very “ploughable” indeed. Hahah!…) I absolutely love her latest single from her Confession on A Dance Floor CD. I can’t say the same for the album though. Out of the 12 songs in the CD, only Hung Up is deemed suitable for running. I tested out the whole album while doing the double hill route a couple of weeks ago. Her other songs are simply too friggin’ slow for my pace. A grandma’s heart would have a faster bpm than the rest of the songs. She had better come up with better thumpa thumpa remixes for them. I am in the midst of compiling some songs for my Sony Network Walkman for the coming Singapore Marathon. Obviously, the Hung Up remixes will be in it. Hung Up – Album Version Hung Up - Tracy Young Get Up And Dance Groove Mix Hung Up - SDP Extended Vocal Mix Here are some of my favorite running songs in the list. Smack My Bitch Up – The Prodigy Don’t Cha (More Booty/ Dirty Version) – PussyCat Dolls Feat. Busta Rhymes Are You Gonna Go My Way – Lenny Kravitz King of My Castle (Armin Van Buuren Club Mix) – Warmdue Project Ready Steady Go (Remix) – Paul Oakenfold (from Collateral Original Soundtrack) Shake Your Monkey (Non LP Main Mix) - Black Eye Peas Don’t Fuck With My Heart (Chicago House Remix) – Black Eye Peas Beautiful Day – U2 Have A Nice Day – Bon Jovi It’s My Life – Bon Jovi Come As You Are – Nirvana Wishing You Were Here – Incubus Bring Me Back To Life (Bliss Mix) – Evanescence I Don’t Wanna Be – Bo Bice Welcome To The Jungle – Gun & Roses Freak On a Leash (Remix) – Korn Throb – Janet Jackson Jump Around – House of Pain Feels Just Like It Should – Jamiroquai Praise You – FatBoy Slim Bounce (Kayrob Vs Gold Kind Remix) – Sarah Connor Butterfly – Crazytown Mimpi – Daniel (Malaysian Idol) Lose My Breath – Destiny’s Child (Can you keep up?) Tak Tahan Lagi – Melly Goeslow Hella Good – No Doubt Everybody Wants To Rule The World – Tears For Fear Roam – B 52’s Come Undone – Duran Duran He Wasn’t Man Enough (Peter Rauhofer NYC Club Mix) – Toni Braxton Left Outside Alone (Jason Nevin Global Club Mix) – Anastacia I’m A Slave 4U (Thunderpuss Club Mix) – Britney Spears Rapture (Taste So Sweet) (Riva Club Mix) – IIO Ray Of Light (Sasha Ultra Violet Mix) – Madonna All I Wanna Do – Mrs Lance Armstrong (Sheryl Crow) and many more….. But what is a compilation without Mimi? So, Mimi’s in as well. We Belong Together – Atlantic Soul Radio Edit We Belong Together – Reconstruction Radio Edit We Belong Together – TMC’s Heartbroken Club Mix Through The Rain – Full Intention Club Mix Through The Rain – Maurice Joshua Radio Edit Tempted to put “Chariot of Fire” at the end of my selection. Maybe not. It will be too corny. Heheh! I think Tina Turner’s “Simply The Best” will do just fine. Cool down songs Time After Time – Cyndi Lauper feat Sarah McLachlan (From Cyndi’s Body Acoustic CD! You must get this!) Landslide (Sheryl Crow Remix) – Dixie Chicks Je Ne Vous Oblie Pas – Celine Dion All By Myself – Latoya London Inside Your Heaven – Carrie Underwood Cater 2U (Griz To The Club Mix)– Destiny’s Child Heroe - Il Divo Don't Forget About Us (Radio Edit) - Mariah Carey Every runner who loves running with music should have his/her own running playlists. Click below for Ultra-runner Dean Karnazes' song selection. http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,5033,s6-51-0-0-8500,00.html

No comments: