Sunday, November 06, 2005

TERRY FOX RUN, BANGKOK

The 11th Annual Terry Fox Run 2005 was organised by the Four Seasons Hotel Bangkok , the Oncological (Cancer) Society of Thailand under the Royal Patronage of Her Majesty the Queen and the Canadian Embassy. It was held at Lumpini Park, Bangkok on Sunday morning, October 30 to raise funds for cancer research. The Best Things in Life Are Free! Posted by Picasa Just like the day before, I took the BTS to Saladaeng station. I saw Lumpini Park had transformed into a park in a Western country or something. Lots of “farang” (white foreigners) around. Like Terry Fox Run in KL, this run was dominated with whites people. Big and small. Tall and short. Fat and thin. Beautiful and ugly. Hairy and Very hairy. I think the whole population of white expats in Bangkok was there. Hahah! I went to the registration counter and asked for Annabelle, the contact person who supposed to reserved an “L” t-shirt to me. I was upset when her assistant told me that they have ran out of “L”. The only size left was “XL”. The T-shirt was humongous. I reserved the “L” shirt about a month ago. Despite the email reminders, now, I am stuck with a T-shirt made for big gorilla. (Insert sniffles and whimper here!) I seek solace with the free-flow Starbuck Coffee provided. You can drink Starbuck Coffee till you puke. Hmmm….wonderful. I felt better immediately. I saw many more free stuff – Amino OK Drinks, fruit (bananas, oranges and apples), Singha water, Sealect tuna and pastries from Thai Airways. Got myself a Carlifornia Wow key chain by registering at its booth. I love freebies….

No comments: