Sunday, January 05, 2020

My 2019 Finisher Medal Collection



It's time to put away my 2019 medal collection. They fit nicely in the mooncake metal gift box. I have a many many of them boxes over the years. Every year I would save a box to put my medals in.

I used to display my medals out until they got too many and difficult to upkeep. So, I just throw them into the metal box.

Whenever I feel down, I would take a box out and look at the medals. They remind me that no matter how hard, how challenging, how crazy this world can be, I can overcome it, step by step to the end; just like a race.

I DNF twice last year, one being at the TMMT, where I exceeded the COT by 3 mins and the other - Run for National Unity where I lost the pinky nail on my right hand after a taking tumble to the ground. Clumsy me. The nail is growing back slowly and nicely. Thank God. 😅

Looking forward to filling up my new empty mooncake gift box. Running is truly a gift. Enjoy it!

No comments: