Sunday, September 25, 2005

My Biggest Biggie Ever!

I love the way the pictures turned out. The lights are wonderful. Posted by Picasa The Malay Mail Big Walk (also affectionately known as Biggie to the fans) finally held this morning after once postponement from the original date, 14 August 2005 due to the haze. I was still groggy when I arrived at Dataran Merdeka. I slept late yesterday nite. Went out for chicken chop with my friends after watching Malaysian Idol 2. The result was nail biting and unpredictable compared to last year. Jac was obviously a crowd favourite versus her opponent, Dina in 2004. But this year, it was different. Nita and Daniel are equally pitchy and lack the power pipes that Jac has. Finally Daniel was announced as a winner with a landslide vote 68%. That’s 1.2 million votes! Amazing! Never under estimate the power of screaming girlies. And their mothers too. I have a friend whose mother pestered him into voting for Daniel multiple of times. Even though, my ankle is still hurting, I decided to go for the event to support my friends and secretly, I also wanted to be in the running to win a Gen-2 car in the lucky dip. Normally, I don’t give a dinky about lucky dips but the Malay Mail Biggie prizes were too good to turn my nose the other way - a proton car, numerous big TVs and other Panasonic electronic devices. I reported to the officials even though I was not planning to walk 20km (in case my ankle would fall off or something) just to get the chance to participate in the lucky dip. You see, the winners would be pulled from the pile of reporting cards. Took some pictures as usual - tried out some unusual arty farty angles. I saw a couple of the foreign runners who did the Genting 24 Hours walk at the Biggie. Trying to do the big sweep again?

No comments: