Thursday, October 07, 2010

My Selangor Story Day 4 : Sunway Escapade

This is my official post for Part 4 of 6 blog series for My Selangor Story blogging competition organised by Tourism Selangor.

Day 4. My Selangor Story tour took me back to Sunway.

Welcome to my own backyard. LOL!

I have been living in Bandar Sunway dubbed resort living in the city for about 10 years now. And I am proud to announce to the world that...I LOVE SUNWAY!

I just have to take my hat off for the organiser of My Selangor Story. Their schedule was immaculate!

For the past three days, we arrived at a new destination just in time for lunch or dinner!

Day 4 was no exception. We left Dorani homestay in the morning and arrived for lunch in Bandar Sunway! FYI, Sunway City Berhad is My Selangor Story's Official Integrated Resort.

Lunch is served at MANTRA in Sunway Pyramid Shopping Mall. Mantra serves a blend of Northern Indian and Popular Asian cuisine.

Our table was located near the glass panel that overlooked Sunway Lagoon Theme Park.

These two boys must have been very excited about going to Sunway Lagoon.

We were excited too but Sunway Lagoon Theme Park was NOT in our schedule until the next day...So, we had to wait. Heheh!

After a "hectic" Day 3, we were given some breathing space with a more "free and easy" day on Day 4. So, we were left to do our own things until dinner call at 7:00pm.

Nasi Arab (Arabian Rice). No! That is NOT a roasted camel, Fadli!...Hahah!

I want to keep this post short so, I won't be posing any food photos from the buffet spread. Sun and Surf @ Sunway Resort Hotel provides one of the best buffet spread in town. But I usually go there to buy bread and pastry. The delectable buns, muffins and donut are sold at 50% discount after 7pm. Heheh!

Sunway Pyramid Tower Hotel - we put up for two nights here.

The comfy beds are calling.....

If you come to Sunway City, I would recommend you to walk around after dinner. While the food is digesting, you get some moments to enjoy the romantic and captivating decorative lights!

This is Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa.

The beautifully lit fountain in front of the hotel.

It is modeled after the SunCity Hotel, South Africa.

The view from the main entrance.

This is another side of Sunway Resort Hotel. To capture this shot, go to the Sunway Lagoon main entrance side. Grandeur, eh?

The best thing about being in Sunway Integrated City is everything is so near to each other. The hotels are in fact linked to to the HUGE shopping mall - Sunway Pyramid, with an iconic lion head and pyramid.

And no, you don't have to walk like an Egyptian here....Heheh!

Sunway Pyramid is the place to shop till you drop as it boasts a massive choice of shopping outlets, variety of entertainment, exclusive boutiques, restaurants, cafes, ice-skating rink, 48-lane bowling centre, 12 halls cineplex and more.

Hari raya decoration at the Centre Court - They brought a locomotive into the mall? Wow! Told you this place is HUGE!

Ice-skating rink - a venue for ice hockey too.

The Opera, a unique multilevel entertainment night spot at Sunway Pyramid.

Some quick runwitme's travel tips to Sunway Pyramid

1. Enjoy a walk along the Oasis Boulevard from Sunway Lagoon to the Sunway Lagoon Resort Hotel after dinner. The festive lights are amazing and will be changed several times a year during CNY, Hari Raya and Christmas.

2. The whole mall is Wifi-ed. And it's free. The speed is OK for FB and blogging. Heheh!

3. The cendol at the Jusco food court is fantastic!

Location: No. 3 Jalan PJS11/15, Bandar Sunway, 46150 Petaling Jaya

Contact: (03) 7492 9998 (Concierge Counter Phone)

Website: http://www.sunwaypyramid.com/

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunway-Pyramid/36579378793

Lastly, I leave you with a slide show presentation of the Sunway City Nightscape.

ENJOY!

Your feedbacks are appreciated. Drop your bouquets and brickbats at the comments section.

I need your votes for this contest. Please click HERE and give me lots of HEARTS.

1 comment:

Fadli Idris said...

I kira itu benar2 unta lah. hahaha